Improve Product Quality with Automated Robotic Dispensing Systems
Laying down a bead of sealant to put two parts together requires precision that is not always consistently accomplished manually. Fatigue and, sometimes, even carelessness produces inferior quality products. That is not a good place to be when you have orders to fill and customers to please. Robotic dispensing gives you the ability to churn out high-quality parts consistently, saving you time, money, and customer goodwill. Utilizing automation can take your company to the next level and give you a competitive advantage over others that choose not to embrace technology.
5 Benefits of Robotic Dispensing in Your Plant
Enhance the quality of your products when you utilize robotic dispensing machines in your facility. Consider these five benefits:
- Consistent Bead Path Accuracy: Robotic dispensing takes the inconsistency that can occur with human applications and removes it from the equation. You are left with beading that is appropriately positioned and is the correct width and height.
- Savings in Material Usage: You can depend on only the precise amount of material being released; thereby, saving material and money while practically eliminating the need for manual corrections.
- Higher Quality Product: By having the material placed accurately, you produce quality products consistently and reliably. Your customers will know they can rely on you to create the best parts for their applications.
- Increased Productivity: Robots will run 24/7, alleviating the need for breaks and downtime. You will be able to get your products out the door on schedule.
- Improved Safety: Your team does not have to be directly exposed to hazardous materials that often come with some applications, such as sealants and glues.
Robotic Dispensing Applications
The applications are varied and include:
- Primer: Obtain uniform coverage and complete adhesion with clear and black primer for windshields, roof modules, or other applications.
- Lubricants: Robots provide an accurate application of lubricants like mineral oils, lithium grease, or dry film in hard-to-reach openings of your parts.
- Surface Preparation: Increase the ability of your parts to bond effectively by dispensing the proper media for bonding. For example, you may use robotic dispensing for alcohol wiping, a plasma plume, or gas flame etching.
- Bonding: Once two surfaces are prepared, they need to be bonded with accurately dispensed adhesive. Whether you use cyanoacrylate adhesives, hot melt, silicones, or other substrates, you will enjoy consistency in the dispensing process.
- Form in Place Gasket: Do you have a project with complex geometry that needs accurate application of foam, sealant, or urethane? Utilizing a form-in-place gasket will aid in reducing labor costs while improving the quality.
Start Your Automated Robotic Solutions Journey with ACRO Automation
Find your dispensing solution when you talk with the team at ACRO Automation Systems Inc. Our engineers gear their work to finding you the best solutions for your robotic dispensing needs. We also aid you in welding, material handling, robotic assembly, and collaborative system integration. You can depend on us to assist you in all your automation needs.